Just got "the call" - the pre-procedure planning phone calls that mean, it's almost time. In just a few days we go in for Sophie's next surgery, her 11th. It's Tuesday morning at 8:10 am. She is healthy right now (so please no one get her sick this weekend!) and her lungs are clear which is excellent. She is having two expanders placed and hopefully the recovery will be quick and easy. Then we can all enjoy a nice long holiday weekend home with family. That is our prayer. There is something comforting in having been through this so many times. I always seem cool calm and collected. I believe truly that God gives me strength, to be the Mom I need to be. That doesn't mean that every time we go through this it doesn't seem like a really big deal to us, it does. She is our baby girl and this is always always hard for me and her Daddy. Obviously being pregnant I am not operating at my best these days, esp since we have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am yikes! I will need some prayers specifically in this area, esp spending the night there too. I am very grateful for all the prayers. Much to be thankful for this year. "Give thanks to the
Lord,
for he is good;
his love endures forever." Psalm 107:1
Hang in there! It is all worth it, and Sophie a lucky girl to have such strong parents and supportive family.
ReplyDelete